Sunday, July 28, 2013

02.5301-2 (No Drowning)


This second week of EDLD 5301 (Action Research) was a pretty good week.  A lot of solid material to absorb through the text, “Leading with Passion and Knowledge: The Principal as Action Researcher, by Nancy Fitchman Dana.  As I read this material and contemplate all that I am willingly seeking as a future principal I can’t help but feel a bit overwhelmed and think, “Where do I start?” and “How do I keep my head above water?” (Hence the picture.)  There are so many valuable responsibilities associated with the principal position.  I have observed many principals who have provided more troubles than triumphs.  Part of my motivation to seek out a principal position is to be the leader education needs but rarely encounters.  I realize I will have my share of troubles, but I hope to utilize resources such as the Dana text (among many others) to more effectively lead my district’s teachers, students, and community.  Hopefully through my personal experiences, observations, and this program I won’t just be a principal who avoids drowning but rather a principal who successfully scopes out the terrain and the possible hurdles before even jumping into the water.  I can’t help others if I’m struggling to stay afloat.  Therefore, I must remember that drowning must be avoided at all costs.  This is done by working within (not beyond) my abilities.

Thanks for reading! Have a great day!




No comments:

Post a Comment